EWBC NEWS and EVENTS
- The 2016 Season is winding down – but there’s no time like the present to get involved – NEW PLAYERS ARE ALWAYS WELCOME! Contact us today to take the field. Would you like to learn more about the EWBC? Contact Us!
- The 2016 Coed Baseball Battles Cancer Game is set for Saturday September 24, 2016 at Mclean HS in Mclean, VA. Festivities will kick off at 9am – stay tuned for more information! To read about last year’s event, click here
- Congratulations to EWBC Players/Alum who made the USA Baseball Women’s National Team! Congratulations to Megan Baltzell (Virginia Fury); Meggie Meidlinger (Former EWBC player); Michelle Snyder (VA Flames) and Samantha Cobb (VA Flames) who will be defending their Gold Medal – (And also to Jenna Greenwalt (Barncats) who earned an invitation to Trials to compete). http://web.usabaseball.com/womens_national_team.jsp
- Congratulations to the USA Baseball Women’s National Team! – The USA WNT took the Gold at the 2015 Pan American games. Congratulations to the EWBC’s Samantha Cobb and Michelle Synder for their contribution to the team’s success. Here’s a link to an article from ESPN about the USWNT: http://espn.go.com/extra/panamgames/story/_/id/13323228/2015-pan-games-different-finales-us-women-teams-baseball-softball
- 2015 Diamond Classic – May 22-25, 2015. Click here for highlights from the 2015 Diamond Classic
- EWBC supports the Fisher House Foundation – click here for how you can help, too! This year’s 2015 Coming Home for Fisher House Foundation kicks off at the Diamond Classic. Contact Us for more information to find out how you can support our Coming Home for Fisher House Foundation initiative.
- Do you Throw Like a Girl? Check out this thought provoking campaign!
2015 UPCOMING EVENTS:
Saturday August 28: Championship Game Continued – 11am – Fury vs. Barncats – Game to be continued at Mclean High School, Mclean, VA (Game was suspended due to weather in the 6th inning and will be resumed from that point)
Sunday August 16: EWBC Hosting Sports United – Mclean High School
The EWBC will be hosting a group of baseball and softball players from Columbia (the country not the city, or the university) as part of the State Department’s Sports United Program. For the past few years the EWBC has had the privilege of being one of a few select area sports programs invited to participate in this initiative. Sports United uses sports as a way to bring together youth from different countries, showing them their common interests and helping to break down misconceptions and barriers that may exist between countries and cultures. We have previously worked with groups from Iraq, Japan and Panama. This year’s group are 16 boys and girls, ages 14-17 who play baseball or softball in Columbia.
Saturday September 24, 2015 – Coed Baseball Battles Cancer Fundraiser – Mclean High School, Mclean, VA.
This year’s CBBC Game kicks off at 9am at Mclean HS – Please pencil in the event in your calendars and plan to spend the morning with us playing baseball and bidding on Silent Auction items – all for a fantastic cause! Stay tuned for details.
2016 Fundraising Initiatives:
Amazon Smile: for those of you who shop on Amazon, we are registered with Amazon Smile–a fundraiser program offered to charitable organizations, Amazon will donate .5% of your eligible purchases to the league. Just go to http://www.smile.amazon.com and select the Eastern Womens Baseball Conference as your charity and use Amazon Smile to make all your Amazon purchases. Using Amazon Smile gives you access to the same Amazon products and prices as you have via the traditional site, but allows for us to receive a donation based on your total sales.
Please feel free to share this with your family, friends and co-workers–its a great way for us to raise money to help support the league.
Combined Federal Campaign: this year we will again be participating in the Capital Region’s Combined Federal Campaign. For those of you who are federal employees, or have family/friends who are–consider designating the EWBC as your CFC charity of choice. In addition to all the funds we receive as someone’s selected charity, we will also receive a percentage of the undesignated funds –the percentage we receive is in direct relation to the amount of named contributions we obtain, so please share this anyone you know who may be a federal employee–the more donations we receive directly, the greater percentage of undesignated funds we earn.