- Save the date! The annual “Co-Eds Battle Cancer Charity Baseball Game” will be held at 12:00pm on Saturday, September 27 at Nike Park in Great Falls, VA. Click here for more information. Be sure to bid on Silent Auction items, such as a Werth Gnome, bobbleheads, Nats Presidents’ Club seats, and other great items. Click here to see all the items, and to place your bid.
- Teams are being accepted for the Women’s National Baseball Tournament to be held October 11-13 at Historic Dodgertown in Vero Beach, Florida. Click here for more information, or to register a team.
- Fairfax Times story – “Bringing a feminine touch to baseball”
- Stephanie Miller (BarnCats/Thunder) led all D-III college softball players this spring in runs per game while playing for Notre Dame of Maryland University (Erin Foley (Blues/Thunder) – Athletic Director). Check out the NDMU website for more details.
- EWBC supports the Fisher House Foundation – click here for how you can help, too!
- Pressbox Story – “EWBC Celebrating 25th Anniversary in 2014″
The Eastern Women’s Baseball Conference (EWBC) is dedicated to providing opportunities for girls and women to play organized baseball and preparing amateur female baseball players for national and international competition. The EWBC uses Major League Baseball rules and includes teams from the metropolitan areas of Baltimore, MD and Washington, DC. League play begins in May and extends through August. The EWBC tournament team – DC Thunder – also participates in national tournaments throughout the year. Current teams include the Baltimore Blues, Montgomery County BarnCats, Virginia Flames, and Virginia Fury. Click “About Us” (above) to learn more, or send us an email if you have questions.