I am pleased to announce the date and details for our annual Co-Eds Battle Cancer Charity Baseball Game.
DATE: SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 27
LOCATION: Nike Park in Great Falls, VA ( 1199 Utterback Store Rd Great Falls VA 22066.)
TIME: Noon to 3pm (game will begin at noon, so please plan to arrive between 11 and 1115 to register and warm up)
DETAILS: The game, which will feature a mix of players from the EWBC and some area men’s leagues, will raise money to support three local cancer-related charities: Life with Cancer (which provides support and assistance, without cost, to cancer patients and their families for those battling all types of cancer http://www.lifewithcancer.org/), Zero Cancer (which works to end prostate cancer, https://zerocancer.org/) and Capital Breast Care Center (based out of Georgetown Hospital, which provides free breast cancer screenings and services, http://capitalbreastcare.georgetown.edu/) All three groups were selected not only because of their excellent records of serving the community, but because each is locally based, assuring the money raised helps those in needs in our own community.
PLAYERS: All those interested in playing in the game should RSVP to Jennifer Hammond at: email@example.com
Registration Fee is $25.00/player and includes a player goody bag and tournament shirt.
FUNDRAISING: In an effort to assure we raise as much money as possible for these three very worthy organizations, we ask each of you to reach out to your family, friends, co-workers and neighbors and ask them to support you and this event. They can pledge money directly to you, or they can go online and make a donation in your name. All donations will be made through Give 10 for 10, our local charity which honors the legacy of our own Carmen Dominguez who died from breast cancer several years ago. Give 10 for 10 is a 501c3 organizations, as are all three of our designated charities, so all contributions of funds or merchandise are tax deductible. Donations can be made at: www.give10for10.org
SILENT AUCTION: we will again be hosting a silent auction. The items for sale will be posted online, allowing those who are unable to attend the game to submit their bids electronically, and will also be available for in person bidding at the game.
HOW YOU CAN HELP:
1. Play–we would like to see at least 20 EWBC players take part in this year’s game
2. Volunteer–we need volunteers to help with the event, from pre-event organizing to assistance on game day with set up and clean up.
3. Raise Money–our goal is to award each of our three designated charities at least $1000. To meet this, we need your help–if each of you can secure even a single donation of just $10, it will go a long way to helping us meet our goal.
4. Donate–we are looking for items for our silent auction and raffle. If you have a good or service that you can donate please contact Jen Hammond (firstname.lastname@example.org). The more items we have donated, the more opportunities we have to raise money for these charities.
5. Spread the word: invite your family, friends, co-workers and colleagues to join us on the 27th. Whether they play in the game, make a donation on line, or purchase one of our silent auction items—everyone can make a difference in our efforts.
If you have any questions about the event, please feel free to contact myself (email@example.com) or Jen Hammond (Jenniferrhammond@gmail.com)
I look forward to seeing you all at the ball park!